Mercedes Diego’s practice focuses primarily on real estate and prosecuting foreclosure matters on behalf of lenders. The real estate and transactions part of her practice include the sale, purchase and financing of residential and commercial real estate.
Prior to joining Cohn Lifland, Ms. Diego represented defendants in foreclosure matters. She was also involved in a predatory lending case against mortgage brokers and others involving claims under the Truth in Lending Act; New Jersey’s Consumer Fraud, et. al.
Ms. Diego was law clerk to the Hon. Jose L. Fuentes, Superior Court of New Jersey, 1998-1999.
Ms. Diego was included on (201) Magazine’s list of Bergen’s “Top Lawyers” in Real Estate in 2016. She is fluent in Spanish.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- St. John’s University, B.A., cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York